Why Claricup™, it's my menstrual Cup ?
Claricup™ is the only menstrual cup made of biocompatible ANTI-MICROBIAL medical-grade silicone.
Claricup™ comes in the Claribox, making it easy to carry, clean and decontaminate the Claricup™.
Claricup™ does not alter vaginal secretions, so you can safely wear it as a precaution before your period begins, and throughout your period whether your flow is light or heavy.
Claricup™ can be reused, day and night, during travel and physical activities.
Claricup™ is your Cup. It's a personal, intimate care product that you can keep in the Claribox when you are not on your period.
Warning: Claricup™ should only be worn during menstruation.
What precautions should I take before use?
- Wash your hands thoroughly before use.
- Make sure that the 4 perforations at the top of your Claricup™ are properly pierced.
- Clean the Claricup™ with hot water and Clarigyna™ intimate cleanser or a gentle soap, then rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- And finally, sterilize the Claricup™ - you have two options :
Option 1 : place the Claricup™ stem downwards in the Claribox. Add water up to the fill line to cover it. Leave the cover off and heat the Claribox in a 750 Watt microwave oven for 5 minutes.
Option 2 : plunge your Claricup™ into a pan of boiling water for 7 minutes.
Your Claricup™ is now decontaminated. Wait for your Claricup™ to cool before use to avoid the risk of burns or tearing the silicone.
What should you do if you experience discomfort of leaks?
- If you experience any discomfort while walking or seated, or feel a pinching sensation in your vagina, you should trim the Claricup™ stem to the correct length for your vagina. Take time to ensure a proper fit. Trim the stem bit by bit with clean scissors and reinsert the Claricup™ to ensure that the stem fits comfortably inside your vagina.
- In case of leaking, reposition the Claricup™ one centimetre from the vaginal entrance. Check the length of the stem.
- Check the vacuum seal on the Claricup™ inside your vagina in 2 simple steps:
- slide one finger around the Claricup™ to make sure that it opened properly inside your vagina.
- pinch the base of the Claricup™ to rotate it inside your vagina.
How do I clean and care for my Claricup™?
It is important to always keep your Claricup™ clean.
- Clean your Claricup™ regularly with Clarigyna™ intimate cleanser or a gentle soap. Never use petroleum products (Vaseline), essential oils, corrosive cleaners, perfumed soaps or washing-up liquid to clean your Claricup™.
- Rinse your Claricup™ thoroughly with clean water.
- Decontaminate your Claricup™ morning and night during your period - you have two options
- Option 1 : place the Claricup™ stem towards the bottom of the Claribox. Add water up to the fill line to cover it. Leave the cover off and heat the Claribox in a 750 Watt microwave oven for 5 minutes.
- Option 2 : plunge your Claricup™ into a pan of boiling water for 7 minutes.
- At the end of your menstrual cycle, clean and then dry your Claricup™ with a clean cloth to prevent odours. Store it in its Claribox until your next period. Claribox can be washed in the dishwasher.
Over time, your Claricup™ may discolour, but will continue to function normally. If you notice tearing or any other change in the appearance or texture of your Claricup™, we recommend that you replace it. Under the recommended conditions for use and maintenance, your Claricup™ can be used for 5 years.
Warnings/ contraindications :
- Claricup™ is not a contraceptive.
- If you use a contraceptive device such as an IUD or contraceptive ring, consult your doctor before using Claricup™.
- Claricup™ does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- Remove Claricup™ prior to sexual intercourse.
- Do not use Claricup™ if you are allergic to any of its components.
- After childbirth, surgery, miscarriage or termination, give your vagina time to recover before using Claricup™.
- Use a sanitary pad if you have a vaginal infection or are receiving treatment with a vaginal suppository or other intra-vaginal cream.
- If you experience irritation, a burning sensation, urinary discomfort or pain, stop using the product immediately and contact your doctor.
- Claricup™ is intended for personal use only.
- Keep Claricup™ out of the reach of children.